Der Neue Golf R Estate: Mehr Leistung, Mehr Dynamik, Mehr Emotionen, Mehr Raum
Over EUR 51,585 for a Golf Estate!? W-T-A-F is going on here? I don’t care how fast this overpriced Golf R Estate is, the only thing fast about it is the 1st and 2nd-year depreciation. Who is going to stump up the cash when you can buy better, bigger, faster, or even better, bigger, more luxurious, and more comfortable… not necessarily faster? Maybe this car was created for motoring journalists to say “it’s surprisingly good!” and perhaps the Golf R Estate acts as a sales filter for gullible VW consumerists.
Whatever the purpose of this pointless mode of transport, here are some key facts that might interest you. For now, we’re on a three day working week and off to watch tennis at Wimbledon:
Golf Estate R Key Facts:
- Powerful estate car: 235 kW (320 PS), 420 Nm, 0 to 100 km/h in 4.9 seconds
- Sporty exterior R design language
- 4MOTION all-wheel drive with R Performance Torque Vectoring, high-performance brake system
- R Performance package: two new driving programs Special and Drift, top speed of 270 km/h
- Digital and connected: R-specific Digital Cockpit Pro, comprehensive assist systems, latest MIB3 Infotainment system
- Ball coupling for up to 1.9 tonnes towed load, and a maximum luggage compartment volume of 1,642 litres.
- Presales are due to start on 8 July in Germany and Europe with prices starting from EUR 51,585